Welcome to Concertina Press! This shop is a one-woman production, owned and operated by Ruth Bleakley. I do all of the designing, emailing, printing and production myself here in Cocoa Beach, Florida. I love old fashioned nautical illustrations, and creating invites for beach weddings that offer a unique twist on a classic theme. I also fully support marriage equality and am always happy to work with same sex couples.
• Wedding Turnaround Time
• Payment Methods
• Shipping Policy
• Refund Policy
• Custom Design Policy
• Wholesale Inquiry
If you have any questions at all I'm more than happy to answer them - I check my email during work hours Monday-Friday and will get back to you soon. Contact Me
Wedding Turnaround Time
I'm excited that you're considering Concertina Press for your wedding invitations - if you haven't yet, you may be interested in purchasing a sample invitation first. My minimum for a full order is 20 invitations.If you already have a sample, or would like to proceed to an order without a sample, my average turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks for wedding invitations, but it can vary from order to order depending on how quickly you are able to get back to me with your wording and proofing corrections.
The process goes like this:
1. Initial Payment
2. I collect your information for the invitation
3. I send you a digital proof within 3 days
4. You approve the proof or submit any corrections*
5. I send the invitations to be printed
7. I ship you the stationery
*you are entitled to two rounds of free corrections, after that each proof is $25
My turnaround is about 2 weeks from when you approve the proof to be printed. (please note that if you are ordering during the holidays, there may be a delay, but I will keep you updated at every step of the ordering process)
If you need your wedding invitations within 2 weeks, I can certainly accommodate you with a rush order, which will be 25% of the total, plus the cost of expedited shipping for paper supplies. A rush order puts you at the "front of the line" so to speak. Express shipping is available as an option as well.
Payment methods accepted include Paypal - you can use a credit card to pay for your order through Paypal, even without signing up for an account. If you'd prefer to pay for your item through a check please contact me first.
I ship samples and small orders of thank you notes via first class mail, and larger orders like personalized stationery are sent via priority mail. Wedding invitations are sent via priority mail with insurance and delivery confirmation.
Note for International Buyers: as of January 2016, United States Postal Service rates doubled to many overseas locations, making shipping on wedding invitations quite high. I've been offering printable files for international clients that they can print themselves, or have printed locally.
Contact me if you are interested in digital files, or if you'd like a quote on international shipping.
International Buyers are responsible for all customs payments or VAT due, I cannot mark items as "gift". It is the responsibility of the buyer to know the customs regulations and taxes for their own country. Back to the Top
Unfortunately, due to the one-of-a-kind nature of customized/personalized items, I cannot accept returns on them - this includes personalized notes, announcements and wedding invitations.
All customers ordering customized products will receive a digital proof to approve for print prior to printing. Your approval indicates that you understand that no changes can be made once the proof is sent to print, without incurring additional charges. If you feel unhappy about your purchase, for whatever reason, please contact me and we'll try to work something out together.
I'm willing to accept returns on non-personalized items such as greeting cards provided they are in the same condition that they arrived to you in, buyer pays for shipping back to me. Refund will be via Pay Pal. Please contact me first if you intend to return something. Back to the Top
Custom Design Policy
If you like the look of my work, but don't see anything in my shop quite like you were looking for, I'm happy to work with you on custom wedding invites or stationery.
Here's all the info you'll need about it:
1. I charge $75/hr for design fee, billed in 15 minute increments, in addition to print and paper charges.
- Full wedding suites (5x7 invitation, RSVP card and any other enclosure cards) typically take 2.5-3 hours of time to design
- other event invitations (party, graduation, baby announcement) typically take about half an hour to an hour to design
*NOTE* wording changes to my current designs are NOT considered "custom design" and are free - a flat $15 fee is charged for color change.
2. I require a 50% non-refundable deposit on print & paper charges before beginning work on custom jobs, and I'm happy to provide you with a free quote to help determine if you'd like to go ahead.
3. After the deposit is received, I will correspond with you about your desired design via email or an in-person meeting.
4. I will email you three versions of your design in Round 1 of proofing, and you will have two more rounds in which to make any edits necessary for free.
5. Any edits (besides small spelling or grammar ones) beyond three rounds will cost $25 per proof - but so far no one's ever needed to go beyond the three rounds of free revisions I offer.
6. After you approve your final design, I'll collect the final deposit, which will include the design fee and begin printing. Any changes that need to be made after the stationery has been approved for print will incur additional fees for re-printing and design, up to 100% of the original fees (so proofread!) Back to the Top
I currently work with a sales rep, Karen Wood, in the New England area, and my cards are sold throughout coastal New England (check out a map of Concertina Press in stores here). My wholesale line includes 6 types of boxed notes and three kinds of birthday cards. you can contact me if you are interested in carrying my line of wholesale cards in your store, I'd love to work with you! Back to the Top
Email: Ruth (at!) ConcertinaPress.com
or contact me using the contact form